COVID19 - TRAVEL INFORMATION UPDATE
Shantara Resort is closely monitoring the Australian / State Government statements regarding COVID19 and following guidelines from their health departments.
The wellbeing of our guests and staff are of paramount importance.
Our COVID19 Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Shantara Resort is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
Shantara Resort is implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 7 Days prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 7 Days before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Shantara Resort Commitment to Cleanliness
At Shantara Resort we are taking our standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Daily, Shantara Resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to apartments and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Shantara Resort is taking include:
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Staffs’ own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Shantara Resort use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Apartments: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean apartments after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Common Areas: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room key cards.
- Back of House: In the spaces where staff work “behind the scenes,” Shantara is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas.